Monday, February 12, 2018

The Amazing Power of a Dog



"My Life as a Dog" by Jonathan Foer has a ton of great points of why dogs in New York City parks should have off-leash hours. Foer, who is a dog owner himself, believes that dogs have a positive impact on humans and that off-leash hours have positives benefits for dogs. One could then assume that off-leash hours for dogs would have a positive affect on humans.

While reading Jonathan Foer's "My Life as a Dog", I felt that I could relate to him because I too have a dog and believe that all dogs should have time to run around and express themselves. Foer said, "...the more a dog is able to exercise...the happier it will be." I couldn't agree more! In my personal experience, a happy dog is a leash-free dog. Every time I walk my dog (Hank) with a leash, in town, it's almost like he's walking me. He's always trying to run around, and sometimes I'll sprint a little bit just to let him stretch his legs, but in reality I'm not as fast as him. At home, however, it's a different story. Hank is allowed to sprint up and down the lawn as fast as he can go and by the end of his crazy running spree he's huffing and puffing, but he always has a good attitude when he's done. And as Freud would state, "Happy dogs, like happy people, tend not to be aggressive."

No comments:

Post a Comment

FENCES

Fences by August Wilson             Troy had a passion and love for the sport of baseball. His dream was to play in the Major Leagues bu...