Sunday, April 22, 2018

Difference Between Watching and Reading "A Doll's House"

                                                  Henrik Ibsen's Play, "A Doll's House"

Reading "A Doll's House" and actually watching some of it had a different impact on me. While reading a play I am allowed to visualize the characters in a way that is different from other people that that have read the same play. As for "A Doll's House", I was able to visualize each character based off the way they act. For example, I saw my grandpa in place of Torvald because my grandpa acts like his the one in charge of the household and so does Torvald. Once I actually watched the play being acted out, I had to see Torvald being played by a person who didn't quite look like my grandpa.

Reading the play also had the affect on me that Nora was the reasonable one in the household and she should be able to leave the household to discover herself, and Torvald was being the rude one. However, after watching the play I could tell that Torvald really loves Nora and wants her to stay, but he's not able to tell her that because of the social construct during that time period; men don't show there emotions and feelings like woman do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FENCES

Fences by August Wilson             Troy had a passion and love for the sport of baseball. His dream was to play in the Major Leagues bu...